Not Par Enough
Not Par Enough
Not Par Enough
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S4 Class Guild

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
VENTRILO IS UP AND RUNNING. DOWNLOAD THIS FREE PROGRAM AND JOIN THE FUN!

Details on Handicap System

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mark

Male Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Details on Handicap System Empty
PostSubject: Details on Handicap System   Details on Handicap System I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 5:46 am

I would like to thank you for your patience with me and the rest of your NPE leadership. We have been trying to understand how an HC system could best be used for our tournaments. Here is what we have concluded:

1. For 18 holes of play: 1 stroke is given to the lower level player for every 10 levels.
~ EXAMPLE: Level 20 plays a level 33. Rounding to nearest 10th you will find there are 10 levels difference.
In this case the level 33 gives 1 stroke to the level 20.
SCORECARD EXAMPLE: Level 20 finishes with a 72 and the level 33 finishes with a 71. The level
20 receives 1 stroke from the level 33. The level 20 subtracts 1 stroke from his/her score and finishes
with a 71. In this case there is a tie. (Ties will be explained later)

2. For 9 holes of play: 1/2 (.5) stroke is given for every 10 levels.
~ EXAMPLE: Level 20 plays a level 33. Rounding to nearest 10th you will find there are 10 levels difference.
In this case the level 33 gives 1/2 (.5) stroke to the level 20.
SCORECARD EXAMPLE: Level 20 finishes with a 72 and the level 33 finishes with a 72. The level
20 receives 1/2 (.5) stroke from the level 33. The level 20 subtracts 1/2 (.5) stroke from his/her score
and finishes with a 71.5. The level 20 wins because his/her score is .5 less then the level 33.

3. For 6 holes of play: 1/4 (.25) stroke is given for every 10 levels.
In this case the level 33 gives 1/4 (.25) stroke to the level 20.
SCORECARD EXAMPLE: Level 20 finishes with a 72 and the level 33 finishes with a 72. The level
20 receives 1/4 (.25) stroke from the level 33. The level 20 subtracts 1/4 (.25) stroke from his/her score
and finishes with a 71.75. The level 20 wins because his/her score is .25 less then the level 33.

4. What if the match finishes in a tie? The players create a 3 hole, sudden death match. The play the same course as previous. There is NO hc system for sudden death play. The first to win a hole in the 3 hole play is declared the winner.
~ EXAMPLE: Level 20 plays a level 33 and the match finishes with a tie. They play 3 more holes with no hc system.
The first hole the both par. The second hole the level 33 birdies and the level 20 gets a par. The level 33
gets the win and moves on in the tournament.

PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST USE THE SCORECARD TO FIGURE THE STROKES GIVEN. IF YOU USE THE "I FINISHED -4 AND YOU FINISHED -3 YOU MAY GET CONFUSED". IT IS MUCH EASIER IF YOU APPLY THE SUBTRACTION OF STROKES TO THE SCORECARD AT THE END OF THE MATCH.
Back to top Go down
https://notparenough.forumotion.com
Abouh

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Details on Handicap System   Details on Handicap System I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 4:02 am

Sounds good to me Mark
Back to top Go down
susiehun
Admin
susiehun

Female Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Details on Handicap System   Details on Handicap System I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 11:17 am

can never understand this lol but ok by me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Details on Handicap System   Details on Handicap System I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Details on Handicap System
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Not Par Enough :: Welcome :: NPE Tournaments :: Tourney Admin's HC System-
Jump to: